3 Character performance Splining and Final

From the previous set of play blasts I had animated the key poses for the king character and splined the animation to see how it would look with the characters inside the animation all together. this playblast below shows the production of me and Hannah’s animation. Hannah already has her animation pretty much completed,  and has some smooth movement between each of the poses. However mine at the moment is still looking a little unrefined as the character seems to jump around a lot, with certain body parts moving in different directions rather than staying still. This means I need to go back and change the animation in the graph editor to fix some of the issues.

Below is the final playblast for this particular animation as a group with me, Hannah and Jack. Unfortunately Jack couldn’t finish his part of the animation which was the queen sitting in her throne reacting to each of the conversations. But I think due to different projects overlapping he was unable to participate in the is animation. Anyway the final playblast still has some glitchy movement and random actions occurring. However due to the deadline fast approaching I have decided to clean the animation up as best I could in the short amount of time and fix some of the issues.

However I know that we had a long time to make this animation, but I think due to my lack of time management, projects overlapped and I had to try and pick the most important animations. Although I have the main actions splined, I can see that the animation is really rushed and looks quite unappealing in some cases as the crown keeps moving around. I did my best to change that in the graph editor, but it kept going back. Perhaps next time I should try attaching the crown to the head rig as it will allow me to move each of the parts around with the crown following the head.

Anyway above is the final animation for the 3 character group production. Here I have added the audio from 11 second club over the top in premiere allowing me to line up the character actions with the dialogue. However in some parts the actions are just out of time with the audio but some parts are not noticeable. The textures for the floor where taken from creative crash allowing  me to make a nice royal throne room with gold chairs (Lambert texture). But I did not add a texture to the walls as I wanted to focus on getting what I could do with the animation first and then do the final render parts. But although my part of the animation is a let down the lighting helps to make the animation look cleaner, even though my animation has some issues. But I think next time if I manage my time better between projects I know I could improve on the animation rather than leave it as it is.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s