After getting some feedback for the large bot animation I asked Steve to get some feedback, I was able to cut down the animation for the final time. So using the feedback I cut down the animation to about 42 seconds allowed me to make a animation that will be both in time for the deadline and relatively detailed. So using the blocking animation combined video I cut down the animation to include only the three opening bird scenes, the large bot swing and miss video and I have added an additional scene to the end.
Using Steve’s feedback I created a animated scene where the small bot gets hit in the face with the ball the large bot throws away. However this is not a simple hit in the face, instead I have made a overly exaggerated facial expression, where the small bot gets hit in the face and it goes into slow motion sequence of his facial expression. Plus for comedic effect I thought about using Steve’s suggestions to have perhaps a eye pop out or some gears flying out to show how fast the ball is being thrown. Furthermore as it was suppose to be the small bot gets hit in the face and has an idea to play catch, I thought about changing it to have the small bot do the motion of thinking of the idea but then collapsing on the floor/ passing out from being hit. This means I could then fade out and the animation would make sense to the audience.
Therefore my next task will be to animate the hit in the face sequence so that I can have tow roughed out scenes to work with or perhaps refine if I have time, while still having a story to show to the target audience.